View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
This thread, from the General Health Conditions forum, is far too important a topic and series of posts to just be accessible there, so I'm linking it here:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread206493.html

Please read, comment, share.
I replied on that thread. I have been increasingly disappointed in the medical profession. I suppose it has been increasingly harder for doctors due to insurance issues. But, since they are responsible for human lives, it's impossible for me to be ok with how they can not participate in continuing education or how they rush patients, see too many patients in one day...like every ten minutes throughout the day or make biased decisions, or refuse to learn about problems related to their field.

For example, I went to the dentist with no pain for a crown and ended up with pain due to nerve damage. Each dentist I went to after that, actually made things worse and I lost a tooth. Dentists don't seem to want to learn about nerve damage and so are more inclined to cause it or not recognize it when they see it. I was shocked when I read in the book"Striking Back," how typical this scenario is...all because dentists are ignorant about nerve damage and refuse to educate themselves. Because of this ignorance, I ended up with trigeminal nerve damage and it is AWFUL!!!!!!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote