View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncomfortable one View Post
Yes, I have both. I have to tell you, it took going to at least 11 doctors to find someone who understood what was going on. I had the Ebstein Barr virus in my teens, and was in a car accident two years ago. I have had so many symptoms: ringing in ears (checked for menere disease, negative), peri.neuro (unknown cause although symptoms started post MVA) fibro, mfs, 2 herniated discs in neck, one in lower back, awful depression/anxiety, and unbearable pain. I am on numerous meds, and none of which are narcotics. Sometimes I may reduce amt of the tramadol, gabapentin, or meloxicam just to see where my pain level is. Of course, it is horrible, but I start to wonder if I am having withdrawl symptoms too. I have tried PT, chiro, water aerobics, shots into trgger pts, stretching....... I yet to have it under control. Would prefer holistic treatment, since I strongly believe pharm co R just getting richer. And if the meds can only control the pain level, who in the h--- wants to take those 4ever? I am only 31, and because of all of this (trying diff treatmnt) I ended up missing work, and starting back to school. I don't complain to family, they just don't get it. I have children, and I force myself 2engage in school activites, and find things 2 keep them active. People don't see the prob because we look "normal" on the outside. The few things that have helped are: my relationship with God (4 those who don't believe, it probably produces the same effect as deep meditation.) Also going to a therapist has helped. Sorry for such a long reply, but don't give up, and I hope U find relief soon. Take care!
WOW me and you read about the same! I can't take tramadol or gabapentin! I had epstein barr virus after coming off a bad case of mono, in the same month and I too was in my teens. I didn't have any "problems" until I was about 25 (I"m 28 now). Now I have myofascial (which I think is worse in me than my fibro); DDD, stenosis, 3 herniations of my lumbar (L2 (with a bone spur & Pinched nerve), L3, L5) Guess my L4 got lucky. Neuropathy (due to said pinched nerve and bone spur). I was on Cymbalta and gained ALOT of weight and side effects and didn't help any (except for the neuropathy I now see). I wasn't in a car wreck but had numerous ATV wrecks (raced semi-professionally). THIS STUFF SUCKS. Some days I'm 70%, some days I'm 30%. UGH. Blessings
kalli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote