View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Objective pain measurement

Apologies if already posted, but this is very new, and important not just for PN patients, but for all patients with short and longer term pain. Apparently sometimes people actually do something in my country.

Quote:
UZ Antwerp first to objectively measure pain

The University Hospital in Antwerp (UZA) is the first hospital in the world to use devices that can measure pain in an objective way. Apart from measuring acute pain, the devices can also examine how far the pain-reducing system of patients with chronic pain is disturbed.

According to the UZA’s multidisciplinary pain centre, researchers have been looking for a way to objectify pain for decades. Until now, patients have had to estimate their pain experience on a scale from one to 10. But the Israeli firm Medoc has developed two pain measuring devices, which are used in Antwerp for the first time, thanks to a long co-operation between the company and the UZA.
http://www.flanderstoday.eu/innovati...y-measure-pain

I haven't looked into the finer science yet, but it does sound very promising, and the UZA is a serious university, not some obscure institute that promotes dodgy science. I haven't found any other articles in the news about this yet, but I'm hoping it will be picked up soon.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-08-2014), NancBlades (07-08-2014), St George 2013 (07-08-2014), Susanne C. (07-08-2014)