View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalto2 View Post
I have PD symptoms that involve only my left side so far. Tremors left hand and now my left leg just won't relax and my foot moves a lot, but not like the tremors in my left hand. First of all I am so thankful I am right hand dominant. I take Azilect 1mg daily and Sinemet 10\25mg 4 times a day. Have been taking the Sinemet since May 2013. Could the left leg symptoms be a Sinemet side effect? I am also having a lot of trouble with orthostatic hypotension. Does PD cause this? I take 3 blood pressure meds including a beta blocker and an Ace inhibitor. Those are all being titrated and changed. I inherited PD from dad and diabetes from mom. I work full time and live alone. This is getting harder every day. One problem after another. And of course it scares me.
I am tolerating the Azilect with no issues. Thanks. Jean
sinemet usually lowers your BP so i would hope you were adjusting your BP meds accordingly.
what does your MDS say? Seems like you need to be reevaluated for your meds.
Any medication advice here would be guessing and that's the last thing you need, especially if you're still working.
If you haven't already done so, i strongly suggest you try to find a pd support group and a pd exercise class. easier said than done, i know.

Noticed you said your father was diagnosed at 80 and therefore your pd is inherited? i think that's an incorrect assumption, have you and your twin done genetic testing with 23ANDME for pd, it might still be free.

just to get a perspective on your progression, when do you think you first exhibited symptoms?

Last edited by soccertese; 07-08-2014 at 08:57 AM.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote