View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cppoly View Post
I have a consult for neck injections this week and I just wanted to see what would be recommended for TOS. The doctor does trigger point, epidural, nerve block, and botox injections. Anyone have any recommendations? Where exactly does the doctor know where to inject and which type of injection to choose. My traps and scalenes are both tender and contribute to non stop waking up at night so I'm trying to relax them so that I can actually sleep one day in my life. If the doctor recommends botox, I might want to only have this reserved for Dr. Donahue in a few months since I don't want to interfere with his strategies.
Hi-its great that your Dr. does all of these. What does the Dr. recommend? I have had Scalene Block, TRP injections and Botox and now I am going to try an epidural, but that is because I also have a disc bulge pressing on a nerve in my neck.

My advice would be to try trigger points first. I have been doing them for a couple of years.They can help relax the muscles. Sometimes I will get a flare from the injections in my neck but if I go on ice it is better the next day. I have it done in my neck, traps, shoulders, pec, teres, wherever there is tightness or spasm.It only lasts a couple of weeks though. The Dr. should use ultrasound for them. Very important so it doesnt go in the wrong place. If it works then you might want to try botox because it is longer lasting. Botox didnt work for me-I actually had a bad reaction but everyone is different. If it does work it can last alot longer. I dont know much about nerve blocks-I had a scalene block done to diagnose TOS but it is very short lasting-just a few hours.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote