View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 01:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Kaleigh,

I would stop using the syringe. It is BEST to just rinse with warm salt water and not insert anything into the socket to "clean it out". Every time you forcefully clean it out you disturb the natural healing process, the bone becomes dry and that is painful. If you continue to do this the site may not heal properly. There is no reason to put anything into the socket to clean it out.

You should explain to your oral surgeon that you have this pain every time you use the syringe. I'm sure he will tell you to stop using it.

Ok so tonight I cleaned it out with warm salt water and my syringe and tried to be super gentle and this was after work and I have been talking and laughing all day long. And after I was done it felt like I stabbed the hole and this intense pain hit me immediately.....but I haven't been having this pain because I am positive my infection is getting better because I stopped having intense pain I was having before. It doesn't always hurt this bad when I clean but it does sometimes. Is this still normal and just "soreness"? Sometimes it's more intense than other times.....I am freaking out because I need to tell my oral surgeon that my infection is getting better this Tuesday for my follow up so I can avoid being put to sleep again and having him cut it out and try to drain out infection stuff. I do not want that!! So is it still normal to have that pain? It's going down now....unlike when I was dealing with my infection full on that pain never went away but this does.
So I am looking to you again because I think my infection is better....I am positive it is!! But tonight....five minutes ago I cleaned it out and BAM it hurt SO bad but all day it was not this intense....and now my jaw aches and the tooth and jaw both throb....but it's like a dull surface pain throb...not the kind of infection pain I was having. I am confused because no one else can experience my pain but me and my oral surgeon sucks at knowing my pain when I describe things to him. It's awful. I do not want to be put to sleep if I do not need it and I do not think I do.
This has been the WORST experience ever. I work two retail jobs and I need this pain to just be healing pain. I need to know and let it heal and then be done! So annoyed...
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all your help Bryanna but my surgeon said this Friday I will have to get surgery again to have it cut open to try and squeeze out stuff so this sucks :/ but oh we'll
After this is had better heal and be done. Hopefully.
Thank you.
KaliH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote