View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Have you explored the Lidoderm patches? They may work, but they are slow, take a few days to get rolling and best if used everyday. Sometimes they actually turn the nerves off that are overfiring, and that happened to me with my severe MP pain...2 weeks and I hit a remission! Never expected that! Since your pain is in your spine, that is where you will need to use them.

Also a compounded pain cream? These really help with resistant pain states, like RSD and PN, etc. Some people with arthritis use them too.

But yes I do know pain well. I just had a huge flair in my right knee again, which is slowly fading with daily SAMe, a brace and Salonpas relieving gel. Pain drains you, limits you and is mega depressing.

I am sorry you are suffering so. But posting here is why this forum exists so don't hesitate to do so. Many people come here to share their attempts to minimize their pain.
I practically begged two different doctors to prescribe me Lidoderm or something similar but they wouldn't. My L5 nerve was damaged so most of the pain is a burning and stabbing in my foot and the lower part of my leg. I think they refused to prescribe it because if my foot were numb I may be more likely to fall and hurt myself.

I do have a compound cream. It sometimes helps depending how bad it is. I'm trying another epidural shot to see if that helps. The first one help but only for a week. I don't mind the injection that much but I certainly don't want to do it once a week.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-28-2014)