View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi lisachip,

Has it really been 8 years? Wow.

The "conclusive" thing is tricky. What's conclusive for me is that I no longer have the problem. I know that the reason I no longer have it is that I've been using a LOT of methylcobalamin lozenges ~ enough to equal close to a B12 shot a day.

I didn't use that many last summer when I gave up eating GMOs and began eating only organic food, and no longer washing veggies from my garden before cooking. My reason for not washing was that I'd learned that B12 comes exclusively from microorganisms that make it. And, those microorganisms are plentiful in the air and soil.

I put a chart on my website about the difference in nutrition in nonGMO vs GMO corn. Pretty startling.

Then, last winter I forgot that the main reason I wasn't using as many methylcobalamin lozenges was that I was supplementing with microorganisms from my garden. No garden veggies all winter, and by spring my peripheral neuropathy had come back. Major burning in my right thigh. But the slipping feeling had not returned. So, overall, Happiness.

I am still convinced that if my low vitamin B12 had been treated earlier I would not have to use a walker today.

To be clear, my nerve problems were made worse by living in the condo that had hydrogen sulfide in it. If doctors hadn't kept telling me I didn't need more B12, then possibly I would have used more while living there and protected my nerves enough so that I could walk today without a rolling walker.

It's important to keep notes when you use B12, so that you can clearly see how it's worked for you. It does not work the same for everyone. My need for a shot a day to get rid of peripheral neuropathy and the slipping feeling may be twice as much as you or someone else needs. Keeping a record of how B12 works for you will help you see how much is the right amount for you.

In terms of balance, I've wanted to use a balance disk for ages, but I don't have enough balance to do that.

However, my cousin recently sent me an exercise which is very useful. All you have to do is stand on one foot without holding on to anything, for as long as you can before you lose your balance. For me, if I could fast, I can get up to about 12, rarely 18.

Karen
Synnove (07-10-2014)