View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjinidaho View Post
I am new to this post. Diagnosed with 'MMN' this spring, 2014. Had my 4th IVIG a week ago, once every 4 weeks. I think I'm seeing some small improvement in my right leg at least. It did start for me in my legs from the knees down to my feet. I'm wondering if anybody has had much luck with diet modifications, immuno therapy etc.???
The only thing that more or less reliably helps anyone is IVIg. Only 70% of people respond to it, however. The next most common current treatment is rituximab. Results are spotty. Three MMN patients have received hematopoietic stem cell transplants. One sees improvement after two years, one sees no change after two years, and one has been too recent to show any results yet. A fourth is going for his transplant later this summer.

No one has shown definite improvement due to other alternative therapies, although it can't hurt to do things to improve your general lifestyle and support your overall health. Personally, I went on a very low carb diet three and a half years ago. The progression of my MMN has slowed and somewhat stabilized, but it's impossible to say whether that is a result of the IVIg, the diet, or various supplements. I can say that I have not had a cold or any other illness in that time, despite other family members having regular bouts of crud.