Thread: How hot is hot?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sonomagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Pred can make you feel wired. It affects people differently. And insomnia may follow in those people in who it has that effect.

Pred is an antiprostaglandin. That's why good prostaglandins like omega 3s (no matter what the source, such as fish) are good to take while on it. Pred can reduce the gel coating of your stomach due to that, and you need to maintain a healthy stomach! Good prostaglandins will help you to do that. They're good for other things as well (i.e., brain function).

Some people even take vitamin C while on immunosuppressants to help with infections. Though do not take C at the time of day you take Calcium/Vitamin D. Calcium is best absorbed with food.

Get a copy of your test results. It's good for you to know what your numbers are (normal and abnormal). It sounds like you have a smart doctor who gets MG.

Annie
Hi,
All much appreciated. Yes my experience with prednisone has been wired. I have had to take it over the years for asthma flares. I have been adding flax oil and walnuts to my kale/spinach and fruit shakes. I certainly have an energy boost going on due to the prednisone. Still having some wheezing and coughing as the Pred . is decreased. Talked to my doctor and he wants me to stay the course. Been out on the salt water in the evenings and coughing is much less.

Yes I'm very fortunate to have a great team between my pulmonary and neurology docs.

Thanks again,
Debbie
Sonomagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-13-2014)