View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey there Joe :)

Bless your heart...you are so very young to have this. I'm from Georgia and 52....I was pre-diabetic when I had to have 6 rounds of chemo. About a month after the chemo ended I could barely walk because of the pain in my feet. That was May 2013. It has now spread to my legs, arms and hands. I was dx'd with a skin biopsy that showed my A and C fibers were gone in my feet.

I found out the hard way that the gabapentin was helping me. (all the drugs work different for everyone) Since we were not sure how much the gaba was helping he took me off it and put me straight on Lyrica which gave me the worst stomach aches I've ever had ! To prove it to my neuro I had to go off the Lyrica for 3 weeks....wound up off gaba for 6 to 9 weeks...can't remember now......I was right back to the pain that vicodin didn't even take the edge off....finally started titrating back up to 1800 mg of gaba and I'm much better. I can control the pain with vicodin every 3 hours and 1/2 a Xanax when it's really bad.

I can do short walks around the yard and get around the house ok but if I have to go anywhere that involves walking I have to use a wheelchair. I can't even grocery shop because the vibration of the scooter things they have set off the nerves in my feet.

Well I just put all that out there didn't I ? Glad you found us and there will be lots of others following me.

What meds are you currently taking ? Any supplements ?

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe V (07-09-2014)