View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 04:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Awkward symptoms from TBI

Hi, you guys. First and foremost, thank you for all the lovely advice on my previous post. I guess this would be a status update/"is anyone else going through this or am I crazy" post.

I'm 4 months in with a TBI and my symptoms are ever-changing. Of course I have the extremely frustrating forgetfulness, lack of concentration and motivation, double vision, stuttering, migraines, CSF leakage . . . all of that plus some.

Lately I have been suffering from "fainting spells" lately. Whenever I get up, I feel like I am losing consciousness. Everything gets really bright/white, extreme disorientation and weakness. I did lose lose slight consciousness once and by the grace of god missed a side table on the way to the floor. Woke up screaming.

I seem to not be able to regulate my body temperature either. I am a summer baby and I love anything involving the sun but lately, I can hardly go outside with feeling like I am going to pass the hell out or throw up. I went for a walk a couple days ago and it literally felt like I was crossing the Sahara. At one point, I thought I was going to have to call 911 because I felt like I was seconds away from collapsing.

I am losing control of my emotions as well. I tend to snap/become extremely aggressive to people or at myself for the most trivial issues or I am so depressed it's insane. Other days, I feel like my normal, bubbly self. I am strangely beginning to feel as if I have split personalities. It is really weird and sometimes scary especially with the anger/depression spells because it's unpredictable. I don't want to end up being a threat to myself or even worse, someone else because I feel so out of sync with myself during those moments.

I am going to mention all of this to my Neuro at my next appointment but I wanted to get an opinion from someone who is dealing with this first hand than a doctor treating me like a guinea pig.
jaereese8291 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote