View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I just replied to your other post. Yes people with nerve disorders and nerve injury are left out on our own. I have been dealing with this for the past year and a half straight and am no further ahead. It seems that the more questions I have the fewer answers I get.

Mine was not caused by dental work. I have read so many heart breaking dental stories. I did have an unnecessary root canal in hopes of getting rid of the pain. Luckily, that was the only dental procedure I underwent.

I hope you are able to find some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
1) I had extensive "cosmetic dentistry" to 'preserve my teeth', done by my trusted dentist in Germany. From the moment a bridge was replaced, I had heat and pressure in the upper left alveolar region under that bridge. I was convinced it was due to problems with roots (x-rays were normal). The dentist kept sending me away for years by saying this "could be due to the nerve or the sinus". I felt the pain in the roots of the teeth, which is why I did not believe him. I was not given any additional info about what it meant that this is "due to the nerve".

2) After three years of begging, a tooth on that side was removed. It did seem to cause a bit of relief initially. Like with many patients, it felt as if the next tooth was the culprit. When the next tooth was extracted as well, the pain got much worse, and I had severe, constant, relentless 'vise grip' pain in the palate bone. When I finally did my own research, I learned how many patients go through this experience (extractions not helping and making it worse).

3) There is an article called 'Atypische Odontalgie' by a Swiss professor, Dr. Tuerp. The article is in German and he describes how patients and their family typically beg the dentist to extract the teeth that hurt.

For an explanation of 'Atypical Odontalgia' in English, there is an article at aaom **
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote