View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update...Rituxan...and such

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know I'm still around. Lol, Saw my neurologist last week and I guess he said I am still weak, but ever so slowly improving. He said that Rituxan could take up to 6 months to show full benefits. Lets see, my swallowing has def! Improved.
Speech is, eh on and off still.
My eyes were wide ' will talk about that in a sec'
vision, doing good. no double since Rituxan.
Neurologist ordered 5 more IVIg's for next week, each day.
Side effects of the IVIg will be well worth it...

Now he is having me taper, wanted me to taper 10mg of Prednisone...But I decided on my own to do 2.5mg taper which I started on Sunday.
Now thing is here, I do alternative days. 50/10mg and I tapered on my Big 50mg day...Even with that small dose of taper I can feel the effects of tapering. where before I wasn't so weak feeling It just hits me...So totally weak feeling right now. Yet thank and Praise God I still have my swallowing and speech today...
My eye is drooping again. My ears feel clogged...
and o my am I feeling exhausted. Like boom! Total exhaustion. Wanting to sleep all the time.

I simply cannot wait for the IVIg's next week! Plus hoping he continues the Rituxan because It is working. I actually am gagging again when using the tongue scraper. I hadn't had that in soooo long! Its now the Taper thats bringing me downhill.

Quick question for everyone that has tapered Prednisone...
How long did the effects of tapering last? A week, a few days? Longer?

Thanks for reading.

Lisa
huntress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote