View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking View Post
Its important that folks understand what the issue is here, the "fee petition" process as I understand it, stops everything in its tracks as the SSA is forced to investigate the attorneys claims, which in this instance are purely a fabrication, he's not pursuing it because he earned it, he's pursuing it(the fee petition)because he can!

The attorney knowing the dire circumstances I face, willfully, and in m opinion, with virtually depraved indifference, initiated this process unconcerned in the least by the staggering delays its likely foisting upon me! Further, in his actions I am concerned that the AC will pick up the case which is exactly what you don't want to have happen.

My advice to all SSDI claimants is to never hire an attorney, you do not need them, they are for all intents and purposes parasites in this system. The major factor here is knowing your files, I had three attorneys involved in this over ten years and they collectively caused me dramatically greater harm than did the SSA. You can say that in my federal court action I required the aid of an attorney, true enough it was. Nonetheless that attorney had nothing to do with this case after the district court action, and that attorney was paid in full via EAJA! After that the file went back into the SSDI systems for a remanded hearing all that was needed in hindsight was my missing medical files which were virtually un-impeachable, and believe me when I say this, after ten years of this BS, I can tell you as a qualified expert on the topic of SSDI representation, you are most likely hurting yourself by retaining the services of one of these attorney's, they do absolutely nothing, none of them prepare themselves until the week of your hearing, many of them not until the day of the hearing, its been my experience in fact, that they can very greatly negatively affect the outcome via their incompetence & negligence, which I have concluded is quite common.

Keep this in mind, only 1% of all ALJ denials proceed from the worthless AC process into federal district court as did mine. What percentage do you wager were screwed by some incompetent or negligent attorney's actions resulting in them giving up altogether? Just 1% proceed to the federal court, my case was so strong with my missing medical files that they resulted in a bench decision rendered in just twenty five minutes, and I had never won at any step along the ladder until the federal court stepped in!
But who filed the appeal with the federal court? Did you know how to do that? Was there a brief or an argument presented?

It's easy to look back and see what didn't work; harder to see the future. Why did you keep hiring attorneys if you were so disgusted with them? How much time did the first two spend working on your case for free (since they won't get a fee)? Why is that fair to them?

If you don't like the terms of a contract, don't sign it. As long as the terms are legal, you must abide by it.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote