Thread: TV: What Would You Do?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I've seen a bit of this show, but not this episode you mention.
That show can be very interesting.

I think if you are worried about PNers or autoimmune people being accosted (or those with invisible problems-- like heart, etc), just putting your cane or walking stick in the basket would alleviate that potential.

I use my red hiking pole in public now, and get much more positive attention and even some help because of it. I was mostly ignored just limping around. Right now I have a huge pain flare in my knee (no swelling or redness) which I think is nerve related. So I have been using the pole even in the house.

We went to WalMart yesterday and the pole was very handy when I didn't have a basket to push. Some people and even employees suggest I use the electric scooters...but you know my doctor said walking whenever possible is therapeutic and so I try that as much as possible. Sometimes I sit and rest a bit at the fitting rooms because Super WalMart is so huge and tires me out. Hubby will take me so after a huge shopping trip I don't have to brave the parking lot. He brings the car around for me. Heat and sun make it more difficult for me when I am tired out, to walk well.

IMO I have never seen anyone in an electric scooter having a problem with the public being non receptive to its use.

I'll be interested in other replies to this post, though. Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote