View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 AM
anon6618

anon6618

I believe it's very important to do it 1) surely but slowly and 2) and tiny baby mg's down everytime.
My neurologist said to me: you can try to go take off 10 mg immediately, not even alternative days! (after over 2 years same dosage!) I said, thank you but not really interested in an Addison crisis meets MG crisis situation.

If you're on prednison for a long time, even a tiny step down can cause multiple feelings of bwaaauuuhhh. As long as it's not the MG kicking you down, you'll have to give it a few weeks and hopefully your body will adjust. But, please keep in mind to take it slowly (like you're doing), and if you're having bad MG symptoms call your doc. It's kind of hard to see if what you're experiencing is "just" overall weakness and exhaustion as a reaction of less prednisone, or if it's really MG taking his chance.

I hate prednisone taper. My hardest was around 15 mg (17,5 -> 15 mg) never been lower, and I guess if I can it will be even harder.
For me it's always a few weeks a hard time.

Oh, and are you on any diabetes medication? I have steroid induced diabetes, and had to think of it myself to taper down diabetes meds too. Surely, hypoglycemia doesn't really help.

Good luck and take care.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote