Thread: Coconut oil ...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Coconut oil for brain injury

I suffered a brain injury in 2006 due to a code event in the hospital. It absolutely devistated me and my family. It ripped apart all my relationships. I have been slowly working back to what I lost through many modalities including neurofeedback, hyperbaric chamber treatments, lens treatments, HEG treatments and most recently Luminosity. I have also been working with a functionAl medicine doctor, Dr. Robert Morely. Dr. Morely recently turned me onto coconut oil as a great source for medium chain triglycerides and a great aid for people with alzheimer's disease. He felt it could help my brain injury. Well was he ever correct!!! I have been taking it for A WEEK NOW AND HAVE MY SCORES IN LUMINOSITY ZOOMED!! I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH MORE ALERT AND ALIVE I FEEL WITH THIS WONDERFUL FOOD UNDER MY BELT. IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE AS MUCH AS A FULL YEAR ND A HALF OF NEUROFEEDBACK HAS. REALLY!! I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE WITH A MILD TO SEVERE BRAIN INJURY. AND EVEN IF IT DOESN'T HELP WITH THE BRAIN INJURY LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER POSITIVE EFFECTS OF COCONUT OIL. That's all for now, but do not hesitate to contact me about this.This stuff is a magic bullet. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Coconut oil is the greatly under-rated oil. It is great for MCT's, Medium Chain Triglycerides that help the body produce ketones. Ketones are the brain's emergency fuel.

We have used coconut oil in this house for years.

Coconut oil is also a great massage oil. It causes good friction heat and absorbs well. It does not leave you greasy.

We get it from Tropical Traditions. They have good prices.

Make stove top popcorn in it then spray the popped corn with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle some sea salt on it. Great tasting healthy popcorn snack.
revivaljewels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-11-2014), MVTBI (03-21-2015)