View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the responses. I have been on Prednisone for about a year now, I tapered down from 60mg daily to the alternate days of 50/10mg...They tried to get me to do a 0 day but man It took me down so bad that I needed the IVIg's because I was sooo terribly weak. So we are trying the bigger day taper, he did want me to do 5mg taper but I decided myself to do a 2.5mg taper because it was soo vary hard last time.
Not diabetic, they just tested my sugar levels last week again. I really haven't gained a lot from Prednisone. Just a moon face, and the mood swings among a few other side effects.

Today, is the 5th day of the alt. day taper and I feel a wee bit better. I think the beginnings are the hardest. Of coarse a taper is going to flare MG a bit, I think anyway. Just hopefully not to the bedridden or Crisis point. With my IVIgs coming up I am def going to taper another 2.5mg next week or the week after depending on how I am feeling....the constant ups and downs...we all know how that feels.

to ya all.
Lisa
huntress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote