View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Hi Phil, I was like you, I so thought the SCS would see me reducing and finally eliminating medications. Instead I found myself in a situation where my dosage was increased threefold to amounts I felt very unhappy with and uncomfortable. I have severe side effects and have been hospitalised many many times due to complications from oxy. I have had all the discussions with the PM, NS and GP about what I should be taking and I will not take the higher dose long term, I'm just going to have to suck it up. Bowel blockages are excruciating, I have been hospitalised over half a dozen times, had perforations twice, peritonitis twice and some 14 inches taken from the bowel, I'm just not prepared to subject myself to that little merry go round yet again. I take a sachet of movicol each day with the 20mg oxy and Panamax, when I was on 80mg plus I reached 4 sachets and was struggling to manage between rabbit droppings and overflow. Don't you just love that on NT wind and bowel movements are a source of many a conversation. I'm wondering how long it will be before I can work my butt to turn out tunes..... And yes, it sure does get old dealing with docs who no longer care about patients and just there instead for the $$$. Fortunately my NS and GP are not one of those, but I've had more than my fair share over the years..
I'm in QLD for a week visiting my brother, the flight was only 4.5 hours but we had weather delays and my back is giving me a long drawn out wail. Blah days become more and more often with back pain eh!
Dear Pam and Rimbanda

could not have said it any better
Just a couple of days ago
a 30 mg increase in the Oxycontin
in my final dose for the evening
so backed up i was vomiting profusely
threw up my meds
did not do a retake of them
just smoked and tried to sleep
it was the only thing that help my nausea
hate to have it be the only thing that helps
it is a sorrowful thought to have these meds in our life
forever sucks!
be well me
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-12-2014), PamelaJune (07-21-2014), Rrae (07-28-2014)