View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Jo! You are always a big help!

I am so happy my new dr is looking into further conditions, too!

I am thinking that I really want to get that voice recognition software soon, too. Thanks for mentioning it.

I will look up my state website and somehow figure out how to apply for medicaid and then the DMV.

Betsy- thanks for the responses! I have learned a lot from our email conversation on blocks. I appreciate that.

Nikki- the cough drops sound like a good idea! I will try them... though hopefully the scent of them won't make my migraines any worse

Rashelle and Desi- thanks for the kind and caring responses! Yes, only nearly 17... and things keep on getting worse... but I know I am going to make it through it all!

Jeannie- thanks for your long response with your experience and help. You are appreciated! The reason the PTs continued on with the PT is because my old PM Dr believed that this was the way to go, and that I could recover that way. That is the only reason I continued on and on and on with the horrible PT. Because I thought what my Dr said was true. I have come to learn that what your Dr says isn't always true, and you have to decide some things for yourself. My physical therapist realized that the Dr's way wasn't working, and that is when he saw that I was just getting worse and he had to discontinue my PT. My therapist was the most caring guy I could ever meet. He told me time and again that he did what he did because the Dr was telling him that I would get better that way. He saw that it wasn't working wonders, so he started PT lighter with me, and gave me more rest... and then he saw that for me to do PT I needed to do a home program so I could exercise and rest, exercise and rest, and so on, and not HOURS straight of rigorous PT. He cared about me and he decided no matter what my Dr said that he had to give me a better quality of life through ending the PT as an outpatient, give me days at home (and not 4-5 days in a clinic!), and let me get more school and normal things done. He ended it for my sake. He wasn't doing it for the money, he genuinely cared!! It has been better for me emotionally to not be in a PT clinic 4-5 days a week for 4-5 hours some days, and crying for hours while doing this PT... it was too much on me, and emotionally, things have improved through switching to a home program.

Imahotep- what I resist is a psychologist telling me that I have problems that CAUSED my RSD. I am not against pain coping techniques. What I am against is the psychologists from specialty children's hospitals saying that children with RSD have psychological problems CAUSING their RSD. I cannot tell you how glad I am to be out of the PM Dr I had previously. It was ridiculous, and any psychologist from her hospital or any other specialty children's hospital was going to psychoanalyze me and tell me what my "problems" were that caused my RSD. That is ridiculous and I am in charge of my health and will make the decision about seeing a psychologist, not my dr! I don't believe for one second that I had psychological problems that CAUSED my RSD! I had an injury. A small one to be sure, but I had an injury that started this all!

And most of the psychologists probably are non accusatory, but not the ones from this hospital I went to! Like I said, my friend went there and was told her jealousy CAUSED her RSD. Yeah, like a psychological problem gave me ALL these symptoms?!

I pass out more towards the end of the day, too. I tend to get my worst pain at night too- so that is why I pass out more then. It gets pretty scary, especially when I went unconscious!

Thanks again for the answers, thoughts and prayers everyone!

Last edited by Jomar; 06-18-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: requested
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote