Thread: TV: What Would You Do?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was not at all familiar with the show and had never seen it before last night. The promo clip was so brief and very misleading to people not familiar with the show. I was very surprised it was not anything as I had expected.

The statement that preceded the enactment was that many NON-disabled / handicapped people USE various methods to get "special" treatment, specifically designed and designated for the handicapped, such as closer parking, avoiding wait times and long lines, etc.

Does this type of thing really happen often in reality? I believe that the handicapped parking is frequently abused but I would be really surprised to learn that the motorized carts were being abused. Or that people use wheelchairs as a scam to get to the head of a line.

Something I just learned recently about handicap parking............ in my region of the USA, there are two types of handicap parking. One just says Handicapped, and the other signage states Handicapped with Van Accessible beneath it. An elderly friend of mine told me he got a ticket for parking in a handicap spot. I was shocked. I said, Don't you have a handicap license plate on your car? (Not the tag that hangs from your rear view mirror.) Yes, he does, but he drives a CAR and had parked in a "Van accessible" spot. You MUST be in a van to park in THAT spot. That was news to me. I previously thought you were allowed to park in ANY designated handicap spot as long as you had a valid handicap plate or tag.

Well, I am sorry if I misdirected anyone to watching the show under my impression of what was to be depicted.

Be careful where you park. You could be ticketed when you believe you are entitled to that spot. My friend learned that lesson with much expense.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-12-2014)