View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pre Op Blocks-to prevent spread

Hi
For those of you who have had surgery on NON RSD limb, did you get them to block off existing sites before, during surgery? What pre op care did you receive?

For instance, if you are having leg surgery and your RSD is in your arm, did or would you expect or ask to have them block or pay attention to that RSD arm or would you only expect them to worry about the leg/surgical site?

In lower body surgery I guess they feel an epidural/catheter is enough and they don't worry about the upper body/limbs existing RSD getting worse or flaring?

I am running into confusion and tough decisions and am getting push back from pain mng doc and anesthesiology dept at hospital where I am having surgery next month. They are making me feel like I am crazy asking for blocks or care for existing RSD sites. The surgery is on a NON RSD limb.

They seem ok and keyed in with post op management techniques just not pre op. I believe pre op modalities and calming of the system before surgery is very important. I don't feel they will do anything much for me in this arena.

thanks have a great day
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (07-12-2014), eevo61 (07-13-2014), Lottie (07-14-2014)