View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Rejoy,

I would suggest that you see an oral surgeon to evaluate the area. Bring or have your xrays sent to him so he can see the history of that area.

Sometimes people develop delayed swelling from a surgery or trauma. If that is the case then it may subside on it's own in time but it is still something to have evaluated by an oral surgeon to rule out infection or fracture of the jaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoysirvel View Post
Hello Bryanna,

Hope your well....

I had my lower wisdom tooth removed on 28th June, i didn't have any pain or swelling until last Monday but for some reason the swelling and pain has come up and i cant open my mouth. I feel my Jaw has become very stiff which is not allowing me to open my mouth hence unable to eat proper food. I visited the dentist last Tuesday and i am on Antibiotics now but still there's no improvement even after having antibiotics for last 3 days. I am just wondering why the infection has come up after 6 days of the surgery. Is this normal? How long will it take to recover? Please can you advise?

Thanks

Rejoy

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote