Thread: laptop
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default laptop

As most of you know, I'm soon to be the owner of a laptop computer gifted to me by so very many of my friends here on this forum and some of the others. To you and all of the un-named people I will be forever thankful. The time is fast approaching when I will actually be able to make the purchase and we have been researching steadily.

We are almost ready to settle on this one from Circuit City:

Toshiba Satellite 17" Widescreen Notebook PC (P205-S6237)
* Intel Pentium Dual Core T2080
* 120GB hard drive
* Burns DVDs and CDs
* 1GB of DDR2 memory
* Built-in 802.11gb wireless
* Windows Vista Home Premium

It comes with a free: Printer, Router & Software after rebates and we can get In-home PC setup and data transfer for an extra $99.99 (we can sit it up on a table in the bedroom that will swing over my bed with the printer on the night stand)

Consumer magazine rates this one highly and the store is only about 50 miles away, so we can get service or problems taken care of easier.

I've learned everything I know on a Windows set up so I'm afraid to try to learn anything different. One of the serious symptoms of Sjogren's is brainfog and I was already brainfogged before I even knew I had that disease.

This will be the Cadillac of laptops and I've intentionally asked my husband to research for the larger screen as my vision is a serious issue. I really didn't expect one this nice, but am in awe that we can swing one like this.

Many, many thanks to all of you!!

Do any of you have any comments on this choice? Good or bad or anything. I'm asking before we try to purchase.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote