View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady,

I am on Amitriptyline. I have been very, very lucky that this med has worked so well for me. I have had my ups and downs and have had to increase it overall as my ATN is more widespread than it was.

I still get flare ups...I am in the middle of one now. The weather and my cycle really affect my TN.

I have had no help so far from Drs. My family Dr is very willing to help me but doesn't know anything about TN. I asked her for the Amitriptyline because it worked for me the first time I had ATN eight years ago.

Two MRI's, both clear. Met with a neuro surgeon who told me I have "neuropathy" not "neuralgia" (whatever that means!) and has sent me on to another neurologist with a three month wait time for appointments! Still waiting for that in Augest.

What medication are you on? I know this started for you with a dental procedure right? How widespread is your facial pain? And are you in a lot of pain?

I know we have spoken before but its been awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
J Jane...do you mind say what meds you are on now? How often do you see your doc? I see my neuro every three to four months, but sometimes barely make it.
I REALLY hate this...I have several health problems....this is the hardest.
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (01-02-2015)