View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

I have suffered from ocular migraines since my first concussion back in 2005. NOBODY could diagnose it. This website seems to have the best information on it that I've seen:

They won't let me post links so google "implications of ocular migraine" and click on the ** link

I personally don't think it has anything to do with the eyes, that it has more to do with misfirings in your occipital lobe, the vision center in your brain. If you do a brain scan, or fMRI (?), they might be able to detect impairments in the various lobes from your concussion. Ask your doctor about the brain scan as I hear it is relatively new and it sounds super interesting. I should have done it myself.

For now, your best bet is to drink A LOT of water, get cardiovascular exercise 30-45 minutes at least 3 times per week to increase blood flow into your brain, get on an anti-inflammatory diet, take Brain Vitale which gets rid of nasty free radicals that build up in your system from accidents/drugs/alcohol use/other toxins (brain vitale also promotes hair growth and helps with moods), get cranio sacral therapy on a regular basis (the bloodflow into the brain is key, and it helps rid the body of trauma), and get most of your busy work done in the mornings rather than at night. Everybody is affected differently by concussion, but if you start these things, you may find that your stress is lessened, and your ocular migraines diminish. Walks in nature help reduce stress as well. Yoga also helps.

I'm not sure where you are in your recovery but I highly recommend a book published by the Brain Injury Hope Foundation. Google it, and buy it on their website or on Amazon. It is called " Understanding Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI): An Insightful Guide to Symptoms, Treatments and Redefining Recovery". It lays it out in Layman's terms and is amazing for you and your family if you haven't found appropriate treatment. Good luck and feel well!
HealR2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote