View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

You're welcome. No, I haven't tried any epidurals. The Cymbalta worked very well for the neuropathy. After I discontinued that med, I took Topamax 50 mg for the pain and found it worked almost as well.

I chose to take the topamax because I didn't like the side effect profile of either lyrica or gabapentin. Topamax doesn't increase your weight-if anything, people tend to lose, though I have not, so I consider it weight neutral. The only side effect I noticed about it was that my fingertips tingled, but not painfully. It also dried out my hair-some people report it makes their hair fall out, but that must be at higher doses. It does make you sleepy, but I used it as a sleep aid, so it worked out great for me.

I recently discontinued the topamax when I discovered that the Dextromethorphan I had been taking for my back pain also relieved the neuropathy pain. I take 120 mg of DM per day. It has really been a godsend. I'm relatively pain free for the first time in a long time.

I also started Low Dose Naltrexone in the past month and I think it is helping with the muscle pain. I was in a full blown fibromyalgia flare when I started it, and it dissolved the pain almost immediately, with no return. You might consider adding that to your medication regimen...it has been found to be extremely effective with MS.

Have you noticed if the Nortriptyline is giving you any energy? That is one thing I have never been able to find a remedy for--the exhaustion that accompanies Sjogren's.
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote