View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hi Breia Lee!

Hi Breia Lee!!

I had my first Epidural this morning, I think my back feels a little better, (we will see how it feels tomorrow) although my back pain was never really a super big deal with me as I've had on and off back problems for years. I don't notice anything different yet in my main problem of my feet and ankles. Maybe it will improve... they said I may not notice improvement until the second injection. Like I mentioned before, I'm just not sure how I feel about just masking the problem... Or maybe I just realized that's all I can do is mask it? I guess I've bee thinking one day all this will just be over, kinda like a magical cure..... -Ah No- wake up!!-

Is that really pretty much it? hmmmm Why did I honestly believe that. Guess I just had a AH HA! moment... Geeze

I really have been quite tolerant of my pain ever since this started, but it has been a gradual thing. I do think I need to start pushing for more pain meds as it has gotten worse. So yeah I will start looking at those meds that your talking about.

The Nortriptyline is not giving me any energy that's for sure!! If anything its made things way worse! I now have extreme weakness in my upper body, my arms are tingely from my inner elbow crease to my thumb crease between my thumb and finger. I now have no endurance, 5 mins of doing anything physically, and I cant lift my arms and I'm out of breath. I also feel antsy when I stand up, maybe more like a jittery, and I cant stand in one place for a long time without a urge to sit down. This has all started about two weeks of starting the Gabapentin/Nortriptyline combo. The nurse did have me cut back the dosage, But I don't think its helps these new symptom's much. Maybe its not a cause of the meds at all, but the nurse seemed to think so.

I did talk to a lawyer today, he reviewed my SSDI and does want to meet with me, so I think he thinks that I might have a case. I was rejected on my initial case about 8 months ago.

Anyway Thanks again- Breia Lee!

Terry
MichBlueEagle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote