Thread: Topomax
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there,

I'm on topamax, and I have to say, I am really enjoying it.

After almost 18 months of daily headaches and weekly migraines, I'm pretty pain free. Well-it's summer and the kids are home, so mostly.

I was on noritryptiline, and I gained a lot of weight (and I began to lactate!). I had headaches and migraines and vertigo. So there was no real relief.

I also did go gluten free, caffeine free, and adhere to a strict sleep regime to combat any brain fog that topamax is known for.

I did have the tingling in the beginning--but after the first 3 weeks--it went away, and I can taste the freedom of not having those awful headaches!

I do still get migraines easily (ie loud noises, too much reading (vision issues), if I push my threshold)-but the daily headaches are gone. Vertigo is gone. And that dullish pain throbbing is gone.

I think you should at least talk to your doctor about it-

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote