View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The case in Canada is not true everywhere. In California, I requested a NeuroPsych Assessment. The state WC board sent me a list of NeuroPsych's. I chose the one I wanted. I did online research and he appeared to be objective.

Unfortunately, the prior IME's (a neurologist who specialized in Industrial Medicine) report was forwarded to him. It created quite a bias. This NP diagnosed my condition correctly but he wrote a report in opposition to what the testing indicated.

He blamed my condition on depression despite the tests showing I was not depressed. He said I was faking the results despite the validity scales showing 48 and 49 out of 50. 37 or lower indicates faking. I almost aced the validity tests. He said it was impossible for my memory skills to be so bad (bottom 12 %) with my intelligence scores so high (top 10%) This is in opposition to the research that says such a large difference in scores indicates an organic injury.

The insurer in this case was used to dealing with union members. I was not a union member so I did not get the fair shake the union members got.

The system has always been designed to protect the employer with the guise of giving the worker a no-fault protection. The killer provision is the limitation on attorney fees. This limits how much effort the attorney will put into difficult cases. I could not find an attorney to represent me. Representing myself cost me dearly.

But, I know many have received good treatment under WC. The challenge is those of us with head injuries. This is why we need legal representation.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote