View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS won't go away, no sign of improvement after 4 months

I was hit on my bike while going down hill 4 months ago. A cab driver opened his car door without looking, I had no time to react. I hit the door, flipped over it and tumbled down the hill (thankfully I was wearing a helmet, but still...)
Since then I have had uncontrollable constant burping, that is occasionally accompanied by acidic fluid. I can't eat much, if I do and I burp, the food comes up.
I have dull throbbing headaches, that at times turn into debilitating intense migraines. These include blurred vision and dizziness.
I can't stand up fast or move my head too fast without needing to pause for a second to let my vision catch up with my body (hard to explain)
I cannot stress physically or emotionally without starting to gag and/or throw up.
I have been off work since, and don't feel close to being ready to go back yet. The only thing I do is swim (I used to be quite the swimmer and I've had to tone it down and can't bring my heart rate up but I can lightly kick slowly swim until it starts to bother me, then I rest)
My injury is not physically apparent so no one seems to understand what I'm going through. A lot of people neglect me as they feel I should be better by now.
I've been seeing a doctor regularly and he just suggests massage and sleeping pills. I've had an MRI which came up clean, however a bulge in my c6 showed up that is apparently contacting my nerve route.

I have never participated in anything like this before (a forum) but I've been searching through them randomly to get some answers and I thought I would write my own story and see if anyone out there relates to this and has any idea what is happening to me. I don't feel like I'm getting better at all, and really hope it didn't do permanent damage leaving me burping up fluid forever.

Thank you,
Aleis
lecksm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote