View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi dory noel,
Thank you for sharing how you're getting on with your dental issues in conjunction with Lyme disease. Also thank you for re-posting your original question after receiving no replies: I too had the same lack of response when I posted a query on 06/13/14 "Advice needed re root canal v extraction" - my auto-immune complication is Primary Addison's disease (adrenal failure) and like you I assumed it was in the too hard to answer category. I was trying to decide on either root canal or extraction - however things changed when I went back to the dentist and he said it might be Trigmenal Neuralgia after the pain pierced straight through the anesthetic he'd given me while doing a small filling. I've been keeping a 'pain log' for the past month and see my GP next week to start what is likely to be a long wait for a confirmed diagnosis (current waiting time for a 'routine' appt. for a neurologist under my country's Public Health system is 4-12 months)
I hope you are progressing with your search for successful treatment and please keep letting us know how you get on and what works for you. Stay strong.

Also to Bryanna and Vowel Lady - thank you for posting replies to dory noel - the information has been very useful - even in a general sense of how to approach the problem. I understand it is difficult to reply to people with dental issues complicated by auto-immune (and other) conditions - especially as everyone has individual issues but your supportive advice is like a light in the dark. Please keep up the great work - I have learnt so much since discovering NeuroTalk and feel more empowered to question the medical professionals I have to consult.
Regards bluesfan
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (07-17-2014)