Thread: what a month
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I tried to commit suicide 1 year after being diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. My life took a severe downward spiral due to the illness. I Had to quit working, driving, eating and pretty much never left home. All of the doctors I saw that year basically said there was nothing they could do but keep me on high doses of anti-seizure drugs. I was a zombie. I have always been a happy person and never even thought about suicide before I got sick. One day it just popped into my mind that I wasn't going to live like that anymore. Fortunately the EMT's got to me before I actually died and I was rushed to the emergency room. Later I was released from the emergency room and immediately committed to a psychiatric ward for 10 days. At that time I could not even talk about the suicide attempt or my illness without totally breaking down emotionally. Eventually, after counseling sessions with counselors and a psychiatrist everyday I was able to discuss the incident/illness rationally. I think the thing that helped me the most, was talking about it. Today I'm back to my normal self and I did finally find a Neurosurgeon to repair my damaged nerve. I don't know if this helps but just thought I would share where I was at during that point in my life. That was 4 years ago.
Zatochi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (07-29-2014), bizi (07-17-2014), DMACK (07-27-2014), eva5667faliure (07-20-2014), ger715 (07-21-2014), Vowel Lady (09-15-2014), Wren (07-17-2014)