View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 08:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

If you have compression of the cervical cord, DO NOT let a chiropractor anywhere near it! This is the advice I was given by two REAL doctors. Compression of the cord is a very delicate situation and even a minor fall can cause irreversible spinal cord damage. You certainly don't want a chiropractor "manipulating" it. From what I have learned (I, too have cervical cord compression), there is no conservative treatment that can help you with compression. Only surgery will relieve the compression. Whether to have surgery or not is up to you. You need to consider your pain levels and tolerance and also carefully monitor your symptoms for any indications of myelopathy. The gait changes and weakness could be signs of myelopathy, your doctor needs to check for this right away. Also, have you had any problems with bowel or bladder - including loss of urgency or sensing the need to go?
BTW, I too had a hard time trying to figure out what "loss of signal" meant, but I finally saw some information that says it relates to dryness in the disks and has nothing to do with the spinal cord.
Imito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
redcat (07-17-2014)