View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 11:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Yes, I suspect soft tissue damage in your neck is the source of many of your woes. Have you tried wearing a cervical collar and seeing if your symptoms lessen? It's sort of a simple home test for instability.

Have you had the muscle contractions since your injury? If not, how long after did they start? What is your range of motion in your neck?

You need a PT/RMT who understands whiplash/soft tissue injury.

NOBODY should be touching your neck, unless you've had the diagnostic testing that can establish that you don't have a structural issue, like herniation, fracture or hairline fracture.

Chances are, the problem is spinal bruising, tissue damage and swelling. Some people have naturally smaller outlets for their spine. With less room to accommodate swelling, these folks tend to have more complications from whiplash.
I started having the muscle contractions slowly after the injury. It came and went then one day it came on with full force. I thought I have seriously injured my brain since the contractions/shaking were uncontrollable and I could not sleep or sit still. Then the intensity has been reduced now and I am noticing that a certain position or stimulation(a gentle touch) on my neck would trigger the contractions/shaking. I did a neck MRI and I have not seen the report yet, but I was told that there has not been much change compared to a neck MRI I had done before the accident. So, there is no structural issue? (this is confusing as I was told BEFORE the accident that I have a bit of herniation in my neck)... The range of motion is not normal? (sorry don't know much about the neck). there is pain, triggering of odd sensations in my head when I look side ways/up and down. I have also noticed that the ENTIRE chest area feels like they are bruised (there is no bruising on the outside). I cannot even gently touch my chest without pain. But I gently massage it and I notice that this triggers odd sensations in my head/ears/teeth as well as the muscle contractions/shaking... so confused by the symptoms...
willgardner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote