View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default More questions

I have not done anything at this point. I do not want to go back to that horrible dentist. I don't really know if she'll help me as she refused to help me anymore after my last visit and referred me to the oral surgeon who just blew me off. I understand you are telling me this is most likely an occlusion problem with my teeth trying to settle after having the last of my posterior teeth removed. If this is true I am unsure how a night guard will help me. I do not believe I am grinding my teeth but I may be clenching them. I don't really understand what clenching consists of but do notice myself tensing my jaw frequently throughout the day and fort if moving my lower jaw upwards. I cannot totally dismiss a tmj disorder here though. My symptoms are all classic for this diagnosis. I really do believe my tmj has been damaged since the dentist removed those teeth. The back part of my jaw bone on that side does feel different from the other side. It sort of juts out from the bottom more and I can feel almost a long vertical ridge in the jaw there. I really do believe the dentist misdiagnosed me with dry socket 10 days after the surgery. I really do believe she isn't very good at her job if this is the case. Since she pulled the teeth I have had the jaw pain like a rubberbabd being stretched in my jaw. Ear pain, cheek pain, jaw spasms, neck pain., collar bone pain infrequently. I did notice after visiting the dentist and oral surgeon on my last visits the discomfort was worse. That was when it was really radiating to my collarbone. One morning the neck pain was so truly severe I couldn't even turn my neck to one side. The lymph node under my ear on the extraction side only has been larger in size since having the teeth pulled maybe before that. This comes and goes and only feels painful when I am having the ear pain. I have the feeling of ear fullness and I gave ear ringing. Now I am having throat issues. My throat feels tight and uncomfortable mostly when I swallow. This also comes and goes. Every once in awhile I feel pain or discomfort on the opposite side of my jaw and other teeth but for the most part pain and discomfort only exists on the extraction side of my mouth. Neck pain and ear pain do not occur on the other side. If this was an occlusion problem shouldn't the pain be all the way around? I really cannot afford a night guard. Is there an over the counter guard you can recommend? Also what do you think of the many reviews stating these guards worsen peoples symptoms especially people who only clench and don't grind or people with tmj disorders? Also what are the chances of these problems resolving themselves and how long will I suffer before these symptoms subside? Thank you as always Bryanna for your time and advice.
Ughthedentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote