View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default My Daughters Story

Last October, a common soccer slide tackle changed her life. She went down, later said she was a little dizzy, got up and continued to play. No hitting head against anything or anyone.

We have been to a concussion clinic, physical therapy, MRI of brain, neurologist, chiropractor, optometrist. She battles with daily headaches, dizziness, anxiety, unable to sleep without waking up several times through the night and depresssion.

I was also set to make an appointment with John Leddy at the UB Conussion clinic since we are only one hour from Buffalo when I began reading some of the posts and saw this from a fellow member. “I'm back from Buffalo. Here is the short version: I'm no longer suffering from PCS. My symptoms are mostly caused by an upper cervical neck injury. Dr. Leddy is a really nice guy and a fellow cyclist to boot! He also said that 90% of the people he tests have problems due to neck injuries, not PCS.

A very athletic young woman cannot exercise without getting an extremely elevated heart rate. We are now encouraging her to just at least walk for 20-30 minutes a day.

So 90% of the people have problems due to neck injuries. We decided to try this first. Tomorrow she is going for a spine and cervical xray and then back to the chiropractor on Tuesday. I pray this will be the answer we have been waiting for.
Kepakids4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote