View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default DHE masking headache

I am trying to decide whether or not to take DHE this coming week. It is a hard decision because as a post-concussive person of 2 1/2 years duration, I rely on triggers to tell me to stop activity in order to prevent my headache from getting worse. When I took prednisone several months ago for 6 days, I felt great and did way too much activity. As a result, when I starting tapering off the prednisone, my Post-concussive symptoms were much worse, and they remain very bad today. I remain unable to listen to podcasts, and unable to walk more than 20 feet at a time without exacerbating my headache.

So my question is whether DHE will do the same thing to me by removing the trigger that tells me I am about to cross the threshold into dangerous territory that will make my condition worse on a long term or permanent basis.

If I decline the DHE infusions for this reason, I am wondering if magnesium infusions pose the same risk.

I want to get out of bed and start living my life, but not at the risk f making my condition even worse.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Joe
Hamncheese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote