View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Concussion for 10 Weeks

On May 9th I sustained a concussion while playing basketball. I did not lose consciousness, but am a little forgetful about what exactly happened to me. I did not think I had a concussion at first, so went out that night and smoked weed. I woke up the next day with an excruciating head ache. I went to the doctor and they told me I had a concussion. I have rested ever since, limiting my screen time, not working out, and eating a healthy diet. I am a 17 year old boy, about to apply to colleges, that has had one previous concussion over a year ago that lasted 1.5 weeks.

Now, 10 weeks later, I am still concussed. My headache doesn't allow me to do anything, and I have it all the time. Everything gives me a headache. I am used to being very active, playing basketball, and working out. I am extremely frustrated by waking up every morning feeling the exact same, and not being able to do anything. I have now started some physical therapy specifically for concussions, but I have not seen any improvement yet.

I went to another doctor and they suggested amitriptyline to help with the headache and depression. I am looking for any ideas of how to heal faster, and what I could possibly do on a concussion to keep me somewhat happy. Thanks in advance.
amitperlin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-19-2014)