View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default postive changes from the tbi

I laugh a lot more. Life can be so hilarous now. Am I like I child? I have the child pov.

I know God is in my life and I belive angels help me and really helped me at my darkest times.

I embrace my artist side now. No more conflicts there. I write, love to write, am a writer, am a poet and proud of it. Writing and rhyme is easier and more fun now. I play more,

I could care less what people think about me now. I just live and let live. I try not to be too blunt -- sometimes my filter needs adjustments, but that was true before. i try not to be harsh in my forthrightness.

Life is a gift. I get that. Every day has a blessing and I just have to still myself to find it.

Anger is a waste of time and I try not to indulge in it. It's OK to be intese, but I try to focus that intensity on postitivity.

I can relax more now because I can live more in the moment. Goes along with not caring what others think.

Better listener now.

have averted course from becoming a negative person. Prior to the accident I was becoming a very unhappy person even I didn't like. That girl is gone and I am pretty sure she died inthe accident. Go new me! Go!

Profound new interest in nutrition and chemicals in our food and everything. Awarness of food.

Found new friends on line and good places like this.

I can say with pride now, I am a brain injury survivor. I am writing about that. Have a memoire in the works about that. Want to connect with others on this path.

I probably could say more, but this is enough for now.

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
music-in-me (07-21-2014), thorx89 (09-15-2014), willgardner (07-19-2014)