View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default My Discogram Experience

Before I had my discogram, I made the mistake of reading several posts by others who have had discograms. I was curious about what to expect. Every post I read described the procedure as extremely painful and almost like torture. Needless to say, I was very nervous about having the test done, and almost cancelled it. But I knew it was necessary if my Dr was going to perform surgery on my back. My Pain Dr put my mind at ease by telling me it would be uncomfortable but not unbearable. He was right. I did feel a sharp pain in two of my discs that shot all the way down my leg. It hurt and I said so, but it only lasted a few seconds. He gave me something in my IV to help me relax and then gave me something else for pain. The entire procedure didn't seem to last too long. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Then they took me to radiology to have a CT scan. I decided to post this on the same sites I had read before I had the test done so that if someone was looking for a more positive experience, it would be there for them. Maybe the reason I didn't have a bad experience is because I had a really good and experienced Dr. Idk. But for me, it was not terrible and I'm glad I had it done in order to pinpoint the area that is causing my pain.
Shawbri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote