Thread: New here......
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 02:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi CVallonio,

Welcome to the forum! I've had epilepsy for 42 yrs. and my Dr who is an Epileptologist which is a Dr. who specializes in epilepsy has done a sleep study on me and they found I was having sz. (seizures) in my sleep. When you go to see the Dr. you may want to ask for a sleep study to be done because it has been proven that sometimes people who have sleep apnea or other sleep disorders can end up having sz.
From now on keep track of these possible sz. and write down what time they happen on a calendar along with a description of the sz. by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in the possible sz. Often hormones changing can trigger sz. for both men and women, when I was your age I had a hard time controlling my sz. then I started taking Vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and that did wonders. You may want to start taking that and it won't hurt at all, you can buy it right over the counter. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger a sz. and sometimes a low pressure in the weather or if a person uses a cell phone to much it can trigger sz. for some people if they are cell phone sensitive.

I will tell you that I did take Keppra for a about one month and it gave me a very hot temper some people call it Kepprage pluse the drug increased my sz. like crazy. Make sure when you have the MRI done that the Dr. uses the dye so it will show more details in the pictures and don't be surprised if the e.e.g. doesn't show anything that's happened to many people and that's because the damage is to deep in the brain to show anything. The best tests to have done are a SPECT and PET scan they show much more detail. I wish you and your family the best. I have never been able to drive in my life so I understand how you feel just have faith and everything will work out fine. May God Bless You!

Sue
Thank you Sue. I think one of my main questions is......is it possible to never have another seizure? Is it possible that I had this because I was sick, or something like that? Why, at 41 would I all of a sudden have epilepsy? I spend my days feeling sorry for myself. Like I need a babysitter.....as if I have zero independence. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop....for the next one to arrive. And this makes me feel like the lowest person on the planet. Here there are people who suffer through this all their lives, how dare I complain? I'm a little lost I guess.
CVallonio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote