View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 05:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
[SIZE="3"]My mother, my daughters and everyone else in my family has stopped interacting with me. Even though I send birthday cards, baby gifts, etc., it is as if I am a dead person.

My friends had the reaction that I am a liar and just don't want to work. (This after 11 years) Two of my friends, when I asked them to tell me the truth, said, "yes, I don't believe you have an injury. I doesn't make sense that sometimes you can talk and sometimes you can't."

So much for "good days" and trying so hard to be positive to them, happy for them, supportive of them, and not talk about my sickness all of the time.

My one friend called my husband (after 5 years) and said she was wrong, and could he please get me in touch with her. He said, only if you don't hurt her like last time. She promised. Then, when I was having a terrible time with a home aid - she was stealing, not getting food or water for me, I called my friend in tears and she said, "don't ever call me again - you are a spoiled brat and I don't want to hear that you don't have an 'assistant' that you like. You are a loser."

Have any other people had the freeze out, after you have been so generous to them? Should I keep trying? And what of my adult children? They are adults now, and I thought they would grow through it...but no, I am persona non-grata.

Thanks for any help. [/
The one thing this affliction does is quickly tell us who our real friends and support are. The fakers, taking advantage of types become well known. Its a harsh learning experience for those of us who moved through life assuming our friends are truly friends and not fakers.
My TOS was triggered through an accident caused by two of my so called friends. Words can't describe what I think of their motives and behavior thereafter. Other friends later told me that it was all in my brain.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote