Thread: Please help!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Tiredbrain

I am not a advocate for medications.........because so many of them are synthetic and do nothing good for you as a whole person.

For stress I would like to say in difficult situations like your's talk to a therapist. There are many different ways to deal with stressful situations and one is to talk it out, to get prospective.

Take frequent "me time" time outs. If you like soothing hot baths, close yourself in the bathroom with some nice candles, bubble bath or salts - turn down the lights and relax.

Use visualiztion and meditation exercises - they are very helpful. You can do this in your room. Darken the room, turn off everything, lie down on your bed and start deep breathing. Concentrate on where your stress is - (head and neck) so tighten and loosen the muscles. This can help if you do this for about a half an hour.

Self talk is very important too - if something starts to stress you out - use self talk to not turn a molehill into a mountain.

One day at a time - deal with today - today. Do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow. Deal with life today.

Can you journal?

There are a number of wonderful calming teas out there one of which is Chamomile - my favorite is a mixture of hibicus, orange, peony and raspberries. But everyone is different.

Valerian root is also very calming and can help you deal with life.

Exercise is also very very good for dealing with stress - even stretching exercises.

I hope that life becomes easier for you soon.

All the best -

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote