View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I like creams for estrogen and progesterone. You can start low that way. I have no sleepiness at all. Just tell the doctor you would like to start low and go up slowly. Doesn't take much. The ratio is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Thanks To both of you for the information. I did have my appt with the doctor. She seemed knowledgeable and answered all the questions I had written down. I have to have the blood work done this week. She said it will be many tubes.

Marlene it's a little scary that you feel more tired with the progesterone. That's the last thing I need. I'm so tired all the time now, I can't afford to have it get worse. Also, I already have joint pain. I'll keep all that in mind for the progesterone. She also said she uses mainly creams but does often use oral progesterone. Seems like she leans toward oral.

IllPN I didn't have a hysterectomy but my mother and sister both had one in their thirties. I saw how awful it was for them. Both had severe menopausal symptoms. When the study concerning hormone replacement came out in 2002 my sister completely stopped the hormones and never took them again.

My GYN put me on Estring and the more information I read it appears you should never be on estrogen alone. Did you hear that?

Have you had good results with replacement? I told my mom that I'm going to try replacement hormones and she is concerned. I'm not going to tell anyone else. Everyone seems to believe replacement can increase your chance of cancer. I did ask the doctor about that. She said they have been using bio identically in Europe for many years and research shows that is not true.

Do either of you worry about that?

Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by Sallysblooms; 07-20-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (07-20-2014)