View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSMother View Post
I don't know if I should start a new topic here, but has anyone noticed that an MRI has made the PCS come back in full force? My daughter is 15 months post whiplash concussion, and 10 months since the kick to the head, and she had to have another MRI 2 1/2 weeks ago after the first try to a chiropractor seemed to cause tremors.

Since the MRI, her headache is much worse, she is feeling the "sick" and super fatigued stuff, and can't sleep, nightmares are back, and is experiencing the extreme agitation and sadness again. I think the loud noise and vibration of the 1 hour MRI set her back, again.

I am heartbroken. 16 months and no end in sight. Everything sets her back and she is living in a bubble. Just when she gets a little better and has hope, something will set her back and every time the symptoms seems worse. Sorry to be so down today.....Seriously, why can't any doctors help her? She is so frustrated and sick of nothing helping.
So sorry to hear about your daughter. What a horrible thing for a young person to have to endure. I've had the exact same experience with an MRI. It was about three months after my injury, and I was just starting to feel a bit better. I felt an immediate return to cognitive symptoms (disjointed, incomplete, and repetitive thoughts) right after a sequence that involved rapid vibrations of the table (and thus my head). A couple of days later, I had horrible vertigo and I'm continuing to have mild balance issues (vertigo, dizziness and balance were never symptoms of my original injury).

I'm now approaching 6 months post injury and am still having significant cognitive issues. Although there is no way to know for sure, I believe those horrible MRI vibrations have significantly interfered with my recovery. I think anyone getting an MRI for a concussion, should press the "distress button" as soon as they feel their head vibrate. Out of about 8 or 9 sequences in my MRI, only one involved vibrations.

I hope that your daughter recovers soon and that she enjoys a full healthy life ahead of her.
Ottawagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote