View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca4928 View Post
I am 6 days post op, left side rib resection/scanelectomy. How much did others use their surgery side arm after surgery? He didn't give a lot of details other than I can use it a little but no lifting up or way forward or back. I feel like I am hardly using my arm and I am getting a frozen shoulder. Also I hope this pain starts improving, still on Vicodin every 4 hrs and Motrin and still in constant pain, not fun.
Hi, I'm going through the frozen shoulder issue right now. I'm seven month post-op, same surgery. My third one. I've been through physical therapy with no relief. Your pain will begin to subside over time, but Pleaseeeee...do not do too much with that arm. After my surgery, my surgeon had me to swing the arm once a day for 30mins, but I still end up with a frozen shoulder. This according to my physical therapist. Just learn about something else regarding my shoulder, will be giving an update in a couple of weeks. Relax, keep taking your medicine, and talk to your surgeon regarding your issues. Don't try and do too much. You are going to have pain for about months, but as I stated, it should start to improve. I'm praying for complete healness of your shoulder. May GOD bless you.
20YrsTOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote