View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenclaw View Post
Difficult...I understand the reasoning (like higher risk of infections) and who'll say you still need the cellcept to control your MG? Maybe you don't need it anymore...

But, to me it seems like a bit of a risk. Do you take any other medications for your MG? And does the doc want you to stop those too?
Have you ever tried to see what happens if you take less cellcept (like 1000 mg a day)? How are your symptoms now with the cellcept?

Did they offer to take something instead in the meantime, like ivig?

Okay, loads of questions. I think this is something you really have to talk through with your neurologist. No other doc (like a doc to order the knee replacement) can make such huge desicions about this.

I believe CellCept has a half life around 17 - 18 hours, and based on the fact you will get your symptoms back in a short time after a good antibody cleansing with ivig, I think 3 months off cellcept seems a bit of a risk. Especially combined with stress of an operation, and possible other meds to trigger MG symptoms like painkillers and relaxing meds.
Hi, I,ve weened myself back to 1250 mg's a day now from 2000 mg's, over 18 months ago, actually i feel better now, more energy, but still have difficult speeding and swallowing when tired or under stress.
My neurologist thinks this is the way to go after consulting two surgeons, I disagree, I feel Ivig is the way to go a month before and a month after knee replacement. Going to have it done Jan, 2015
I called Genetech the other day , they said Cellcept has 50% life left after 24 hours, the rest of Cellcept life gone 5 days later in other words 6 or seven days Cellcept is out of your system.
Will keep informed.
Steve
fox41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-20-2014)