View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mental fog and MG...related?

Hi folks,

I have a question about ... I don't know what the question is about actually.

Here was what happened. I'm driving my wife to the bus station. Not that it's germane to the situation but her father is on his death bed and she is going to say good bye - germane only in that the trip was unavoidable; I had to go. The bus station is 60 miles away, we don't have air conditioning in our vehicle and it's 94 degrees out (obviously Fahrenheit).

I can't get home without gas, can't buy gas without money, can't get money until I cash this darn cashier's check I have - three stops later (Bank, Walmart, and MoneyTree) and I still don't have it cashed. The heat is too much and I'm getting worse. At my wife's insistence, I pull into the hospital parking lot and she tells me to park.

Here's the crux of the situation and it's happened before when things get really rough: She asks me to park and points to a parking space. I understand the words she is saying, but I can't remember how. Or rather, given enough time, I'll remember everything I need to do but I'm going to need thirty seconds to figure out the dynamics of parking.

"Okay...need to park. I need to stop. Now what? Thinking..."

The wife is still giving me instructions but it's all too fast - I can process everything she's saying in real time, but I can't do it in real time. Everything is slow motion. Suddenly, I remember the brake. Okay good. Ten seconds later I realize that I have to depress the clutch and put the truck into reverse. Ten seconds later I do that. Ten seconds after that I remember that I have to take my foot off the clutch. etc.

And it's no good telling me that I have to remove my foot from the clutch, cause that just interrupts the thinking process and the clock resets. Anyway, the truck gets parked. She tries to help me out but I'm pretty unresponsive. I know she wants me to get out but it's almost like I don't remember how. As I'm thinking about it and trying to remember how, she goes to get a wheelchair. My chin is on my chest and I'm drooling on myself. I know this, it registers, I thin, I need to do something about this...but before I can figure it out, she's back with a wheelchair.

And now I'm shivering. The shivering was new - although the hospital ER staff found no indication of heat stroke. Like I said, the shivering was new but this fog was not. It's happened two or three times now in the last month. Any idea whether it is related to the MG? It only occurs in very hot weather after I've reached a limit.

For what it's worth, they gave me fluids via an IV as I laid there in the ER room - after an hour or so I was ready to leave. After two I was strong enough to do so. I think I was there for three hours total.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-21-2014)